07 November 2023
– City residents have once again exceeded the water consumption target reaching 536,418 cubic meters, significantly surpassing the target of 422,877 cubic meters. The City of Windhoek warns that the high consumption rate is not sustainable, considering that the Von Bach Dam water level is currently low at 17.9%.
– Two men have been arrested in connection with the theft of foreign currency that was stuffed under a sofa cushion at South African President Cyril Ramaphosa’s Phala Phala farm in 2020. BBC reports that the suspects will appear in court today. – News24
– United Nations Secretary General Antonio Guterres warns Gaza is becoming a “graveyard for children”, as Israeli air strikes intensify. He says the case for a “humanitarian ceasefire” becomes “more urgent with every passing hour”. – BBC
– Erling Haaland remains a fitness doubt for Manchester City’s Champions League Group G clash with Swiss side Young Boys toady. 23 year old Haaland, was withdrawn at half-time of Saturday’s Premier League 6-1 win over Bournemouth with a twisted ankle. City will qualify for the last 16 with two games to spare if they win.
– Showers and thundershowers expected to set over the northern regions on Thursday, spreading southwards into the weekend.