14 November 2023
– The Namibian Government intends to accelerate nationwide upgrading of informal settlements and implement proactive incremental land servicing. Online magazine, The brief reports that the plans are highlighted in the Revised National Housing Policy and its Implementation Action Plan, which has received Cabinet approval. – The Brief
– Liberians are set to go to the polls for a run-off presidential election after the two leading candidates were separated by just over 7,000 votes in the first round a month ago. They are choosing between incumbent and one-time football star George Weah and former Vice-President Joseph Boakai. – BBC
– Gaza’s biggest hospital, Al-Shifa, is “nearly a cemetery”, the World Health Organization warns, with bodies piling up inside and outside. Fighting has been raging close to the hospital in Gaza City in recent days, with severe fuel shortages affecting treatment. – BBC
– Mohamed Salah scored twice as Liverpool maintained their 100% record at Anfield this season with victory against Brentford to move up to second in the Premier League. The victory means Liverpool have 27 points and move ahead of Arsenal on goal difference, while Brentford are 10th. – BBC Sport
– Heavy storms are most likely over the eastern regions on Wednesday.