SOS Children’s Village Soap Box Derby
Every child deserves to belong to a family and grow-up with love, respect and security. The SOS Children’s Village is a safe haven for Namibian orphans and vulnerable children. The mission of the SOS Children’s Village is to build families for children in need, as they help them shape and create a bright future.
To make sure that the SOS Children’s Village can succeed in this very important mission, they are hosting a fundraising event – The SOS Soap Box Derby which is aptly themed: ‘Re-use Reduce Recycle’.
How does it work?
- Gather your family, friends, neighbours or colleagues to make up your team.
- Give your team a name.
- Design your vehicle.
- Gather 70% recycling material to build your vehicle.
- Build your vehicle.
- Get your costumes, helmets and safety pads ready.
- Arrive at the Tony Rust Race Track on Saturday, 27 July with your team and your vehicle ready for racing ,but most importantly ready to raise money for the SOS Children’s Village.
How to enter:
- 70% recycling material
- 3-4 wheels
- One driver and 2-3 crew members
- No mechanical drive
- Helmets and safety pads
- Branding (sticker with number for each vehicle)
Overall Best Soap Box car N$ 10 000.00
Best soap box design cover with your company logo, painted in your team colours – the world is your oyster! What can you create?
Overall Best Presentation/team spirit N$ 10 000.00
We want costumes, we want dancing … as a team!
Fastest Time per category: 1st N$ 5 000.00, 2nd N$ 3 000.00 and 3rd N$ 1000.00
Brakes MUST be installed on your soap box according to the different categories.
- Family/public N$ 250.00
- Primary schools N$ 250.00
- Secondary schools N$ 250.00
- Tertiary N$ 500.00
- Corporates N$2000.00
For further information, contact Lina Ndengu via:
Landline: (061) 222 457