23 October 2023
– Namibia President Dr. Hage G. Geingob has departed for Brussels, Belgium to participate and deliver a statement at the European Union inaugural Global Gateway Forum and the first EU-Namibia Green Hydrogen and Critical Raw Materials Business Forum.
– Two Namibian trainee nurses are facing disciplinary action after they posted a video on TikTok of themselves dancing inside a health clinic. The two said they were celebrating after helping a patient successfully deliver a baby, local media report. – BBC
– Martin Griffiths, the UN’s humanitarian chief, has announced the arrival of 14 more trucks carrying humanitarian aid into Gaza. The charity Oxfam welcomed the move, as well as yesterday’s first load of aid, but said sending “a few trucks a day is simply not sufficient”. – BBC
– Lewis Hamilton was disqualified from second place in the US Grand Prix after running Max Verstappen’s Red Bull close for victory. Hamilton was just two seconds behind Verstappen at the flag but his car was later declared illegal for excessive wear on the underfloor skid blocks. – BBC Sport
– Showers and thundershowers expected to set in the north as from Wednesday.