– The Namibian government says it is working on finalising the awarding of the TransKalahari railway tender to connect with Botswana before the end of the year. The rail tender that closed in November 2023, attracted 12 international and local companies. – The Brief
– South Africa’s former President Jacob Zuma has been suspended from the party he once led, after refusing to vote for it and launching a rival organisation. – BBC
– Tech billionaire Elon Musk says his Neuralink company has successfully implanted one of its wireless brain chips in a human for the first time. The company’s goal is to connect human brains to computers and it says it wants to help tackle complex neurological conditions. – BBC
– Hosts Ivory Coast eliminated reigning champions Senegal in a penalty shootout to book their place in the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations quarter-finals following a 1-1 draw after extra time. The Elephants’ quarter-final on Saturday will pit them against Mali or Burkina Faso, who play their last-16 tie today. – BBC Sport
– Moderate to heavy falls are expected in Kunene, Erongo, Otjozondjupa, Khomas and Omaheke regions this week.