Looking Back To Move Forward: 99 Lessons From The 99FM Tribe
2019, exciting! But before we completely turn the page, let us take a moment and look back to move forward. Growth comes from deep reflection and introspection as we strive to keep moving forward.
We at 99FM would like to send an ode of 99 lessons, taught to us by 2018, as we transition into 2019.
And here they are:
- It is actually possible to lose and gain the same 3kg nine times in a year.
- Change is challenging and essential to the evolving soul.
- Nobody is done. Every person is a work in progress. You have to trust the process.
- The 4-year old boy child is a creature of destruction.
- The 4-year old boy child is the master of his mother.
- Girls are now teenagers at 10.
- A good novel can save you.
- Insecurity is extremely unattractive.
- You need to take on the impossible to find your possible.
- Cats can be bitches.
- You can always take one more step. Even when you think you’re dead, if you can still think, you can move forward.
- Fierce self-love
- The journey to self-actualization hurts but it’s well worth it
- God really loves me…no, I mean really.
- I know WHAT I want… but I have no clue WHAT I’M DOING. I’m figuring it out as I go along, but at least I Know who I am…I think?!
- I HATE the gym…I hate working out…but what I loathe more, is being unhealthy and overweight, so I’m going to hate my way to fitness.
- Learning to forgive myself.
- I’m not bothered when people treat me badly. I don’t take it personally. It’s just a reflection of who they are. Their vileness is their baggage to carry, and I’m not going to pick it up and take it home with me. Nope…leaving it right where they left it..at the office, at the supermarket…at the four way stop where they cut me off.
- I’m more self-aware…and that sucks sometimes…it’s true, ignorance is bliss…lol!
- I’m afraid of failure. This year I learned how to sit with that fear, really sit with it and get uncomfortably comfortable.
- I’m responsible for my own Happiness!
- Life’s not going to get any easier.
- Self Love should be above all.
- Everything in life is a choice. Choose wisely.
- Write down your dreams, read them daily and get working on them.
- You’re not going to be liked by everyone. It’s actually ok.
- Be more present.
- Emotional Intelligence is sexy.
- PMS is real
- You don’t always have to be strong.
- Always look for and listen to all sides of the story.
- A lot of what you see on social media is not true. Check with a reputable source before you share.
- When things are going well people are overly positive, when things get tough people get overly negative.
- Have less debt.
- All people resist change, it does not mean that change is not good.
- When it gets really hard, just take the next step and then the next one.
- Be humble, take all the advice that you can get.
- Listen, especially to people who do not agree with you.
- Our brains are wired to first see the negative, we need to actively look for and appreciate the positives in people and events.
- There is so much magic and beauty when people who are different get to know and appreciate each other as human beings (instead of stereotypes).
- Running makes it better, reading too.
- I learned to rely on myself.
- I learned to become even more practical, we only have power in ‘this’ moment.
- I stopped settling for less, I realized I never did before.
- “The money isn’t yours until you make it”
- I learned to let go…of things…of people.
- I learned to be less fearful and doubtful.
- I learned that everything is perfect, despite how bad it can seem.
- There’s ALWAYS something to learn.
- I learned self-love.
- I learned to understand my needs even more.
- Never procrastinate as shortcuts always lead to longer delays.
- Help someone and create a friend, help someone too much and you risk creating an enemy.
- There is a thin social razor blade one must balance on, when it comes to love and friends.
- Positive visualization is real.
- Don’t look for greatness only in extraordinary, you might overlook the wonderful in the ordinary.
- It’s better to be a lonely lion than to be a popular sheep.
- Temporary happiness isn’t worth long term pain.
- If you love life, don’t waste time.
- Being nice to someone can improve their mood and yours too.
- Love is a choice.
- People will not treat you the way you treat them.
- Relationships should always help you grow, if you’re not growing, you are doing it wrong.
- Learn people’s love language.
- Learn to be more patient.
- Don’t make rash decisions when stressed.
- Set achievable goals.
- Don’t give up when things don’t work, rethink, and plan
- Enjoy every day.
- Make time for yourself.
- Remember your needs.
- People will come & go, but remember the lessons they teach you.
- When people show you who they are, believe them.
- Experiences are what make life full.
- I learnt saying something means nothing, it won’t help anything until you actually do what you said.
- Sometimes you must take a couple of steps back, in order to take more steps forward, even if it’s in a different direction.
- Planning is key, plan every detail of everything, it’s the easiest way to hold yourself accountable.
- Take people for who they are, you don’t have to return the same negative energy, but always remain cognizant of it.
Miscellaneous life lessons
- Your life is now.
- Fear is an illusion (mostly).
- Failure is good.
- Kindness matters.
- Age is a number.
- Vulnerability heals.
- Exercise is power.
- Travel expands you.
- It will pass.
- You can’t control others.
- Your body is a temple.
- Gratitude multiplies happiness.
- Self-honesty is freedom.
- Serving creates meaning.
- Learn forever.
- Do the work
- It’s never too late.
- Love is the answer.
- You can handle it
- Little things matter