99FM & Old Mutual 2016 Trend Forecast with Dion Chang
This FEBRUARY, 99FM and OLD MUTUAL bring you THE STATE WE’RE IN 2016 by FLUX TRENDS – Trends as a Business Strategy.
The State We’re In 2016 trend presentation by internationally renowned Dion Chang – innovator, creative thinker, visionary and renowned trend analyst – provides a comprehensive snapshot of trends that are changing the way we live, work and play. It tracks the trajectory of six macro trend pillars that affect all aspects of modern life: technology, retail & consumer mindset, global and local economic indicators, the political landscape, environmental issues, and finally socio-cultural trends.
“ Incredibly fascinating [The State We’re In] presentation – it has managed in 1 hour to crystallize the idea of the ripple effect of change that will affect all industries.”
– Vannesa Vloon from Consultant Powerhouse.
THE STATE WE’RE IN is one of the most comprehensive trend overviews available as it provides an executive summary of trends that are affecting business and social dynamics.
This 2016 trend presentation joins the dots in the following trend pillars to give businesses a sense of just how close the world is to automation and mechanisation, as well as the threat this poses to industries across all sectors:
- Structured on the acronym T.R.E.N.D.S this presentation will unpack some of the following trends:
- T (technology): The reality of rise of the machines and artificial intelligence: it’s no longer a science fiction genre.
- R (retail & marketing): On-demand assistance for virtually any service you need and emergence of self-automation in retail and restaurants.
- E (economy): The impact of mechanisation on labour markets, the collapse of value chains within industries and the rise of the GIG economy.
- N (natural world): The ripple effect of extreme weather on human displacement and the rapid adoption of robotics in the agricultural sector – and its benefits.
- D (diplomacy): The continuing political disorder caused by human migration and displacement, and how the war on terrorism is moving into cyberspace.
- S (sociocultural): The commercial tipping point of virtual reality entertainment, the first robot funerals and the awkward debate around sex with robots.
Who should attend:
- Executive Leadership, Management, Marketing, Media and Service industries and anyone who understands that trends today, inform business strategy
- Companies that search for new ways to navigate the increasingly disrupted business landscape, and understand that competition no longer comes from within your industry.
- Businesses that realise that in a high tech environment, the battle is no longer between big vs. small, but rather fast vs. slow. Just how informed and agile are you?
Date: 25 February 2016
Venue: National Theatre of Namibia (NTN)
Time: 18:00 for 18:30 – event followed by a cocktail reception
Tickets: N$ 400.00 per person
About Dion Chang?: Although his feet remain firmly planted on African soil, he uses a global perspective to source new ideas, gauge the zeitgeist and identify cutting edge trends. His trends analysis firm – Flux Trends – specializes in tracking shifting social dynamics and understanding consumer mind-set. The focus is translating global trends to ensure relevance for African business. His extensive experience of over 15 years in the magazine industry provides insight into the ever changing relationship between brands, consumers and the communication channels that bind them.