AON Out & About: 27 Feb – 5 March
So many events, so little time! Here is a highlight of all things entertainment in Windhoek this week:
- BOOZY PUB QUIZ
Date & Time: Monday, 27 February at 19:30 – 21:00
Venue: Chopsi’s Bar, Old Breweries Complex, Craft Centre, Windhoek
Join Chops every Monday evening for a revamped Boozy Pub Quiz for 4 rounds of fun! Plus there is a Jackpot question where you team choses one number between 1 – 1000 and you could win the N$1000 jackpot. Group size: Min 1 person Max 6 per group
Entry fee: N$10 per person
Boozy Prizes: Per round (Savanah Loco Cider, Windhoek Draught, Jagermeister, Kleine Keille, Redbull Edition flavours and bottle of red or white wine)
- PUBLIC DRUMMING CIRCLE
Venue: Joe’s Beerhouse, 160 Nelson Mandela Avenue, Windhoek
Drum Café Namibia and Joe’s Beerhouse presents: A Drumming Circle, every Wednesday at the boma of Joe’s Beerhouse! There will be no cover charge, but donations are most welcome.
- SUNDOWNER SESSION featuring THE ELL’s
Entry fee: N$ 50.00 at the door
Flaunt Nam will have dinner ready too, so join us for a beautiful and relaxed evening from 6.30 – 9pm.
The Loft is situated at the Warehouse Theatre premises, directly above the Boiler Room.
- NUTS – OOMPIE
Venue: Goethe-Institut Namibia, 1-5 Fidel Castro Street, Windhoek
Join us as Oompie and his band give us a taste of his Jazz Afro-fusion.
Entrance: N$ 20.00 Refreshments at the venue.
- DISTRICT SIX – THE MUSICAL
- Date & Time: – 22:00
- Venue: National Theatre of Namibia Auditorium, 12 John Meinert Street, Windhoek, Windhoek
- The National Theatre of Namibia (NTN) under its Premier Project is staging ‘District Six’a musical by one of South Africa’s best known theatre personalities David Kramer and the late Taliep Petersen.
- The musical will be on stage, directed by veteran Namibian Director, Tanya Terblanche.
- With a star studded Namibian Cast and Creative, District Six promises to not only entertain you, but also leave you feeling all kinds of emotions.
- This is a show for the whole family not to be missed!!!
COMEDY & POETRY:
- DON’T TOUCH IT, REPORT IT!
- Venue: Warehouse Theatre, Tal street , Windhoek
It’s very important to know what is yours and what is not; like the old saying goes…don’t go chasing waterfalls…or never cry wolf. It’s of the utmost importance that you master your craft, know the world within you and learn to earn and defend your own. Celebrating Namibia with good humor!
Brought to you by Free Your Mind
Tickets: N$ 100.00 per person, entry at 19:30 for 20:00
- SPOKEN WORD NAMIBIA – LOVE STORY
Tickets at the door.