My Namibia Song Competition – CLOSED
The Ministry of Information and Communication Technology as the custodian of the Nationhood and National Pride campaign, invites all Namibian lyricists and composers to write / compose a song which encompasses elements of unity in diversity in terms of culture and tolerance, as well as national pride and patriotism.
Your song could become Namibia’s national song.
Theme of The Song:
My Namibia. My Country. My Pride.
Duration: 3 to 4 minutes
Terms of Reference:
- The song should be celebratory in nature and evoke feelings of national pride and patriotism.
- The song will be the property of the Namibian Government.
- The song should be original work and should not infringe on any existing copyright work.
- The song should resonate a unifying sound of Namibia’s diverse culture.
- The song should be submitted in a recorded format, accompanied by the score and / or written lyrics.
- The song should be in English.
- Only Namibian Composers & Authors are eligible.
- Regional submission should be made at the Ministry of Information and Communication Technology and NBC regional offices countrywide.
- Windhoek submissions should be made at NASCAM House at No.5 Johnson Street, Eros in Windhoek.
- The composer of the selected song will win N$50 000 and royalties.
Closing Date: 11 September 2017
For more information, contact:
Ministry of Information and Communication Technology
Tel: +264 61 283 2506
Tel: +264 61 229 116