Vacancy – Radio Programme Controller
Attracted to our vibe?
Our TribeFire Studios reason – To ignite and kindle a growth mindset that enables positive personal and collective change.
Words that make us happy: Relevant. Future. Growth. Community. Influence. Diverse, Positive. Create. Future. Action.
Your reason? YOUR VIBE ATTRACTS YOUR TRIBE
If one or more of the words that make us happy also makes you happy, then your reason for getting up in the morning might well line up with ours. It might be your call to join our tribe.
Title: Radio Programme Controller
Reports to: Station Manager
The Programme Controller’s main role is to ensure that 99FM’s broadcast inspires our listeners and meets the creative and commercial needs of the station.
- Works closely with the station manager to build excellent “On-Air” products that appeal to the targeted demographics.
- Manage and cultivate on air talent through regular coaching sessions to evaluate their work and improve their performance.
- Oversee creative production and station imaging.
- Plan and coordinate the station programming to meet objectives.
- Develope promotions with the sales, marketing and on air talent to maximise revenue.
- Continually review the station’s output and refresh and devise new content to retain and attract new listeners.
- Work with the technical team to avoid or minimise downtime.
- Ensure that all output complies with CRAN’s guidance and regulations
- 7 Years Experience in the radio industry
- 5 Years Experience as radio host/producer/ radio programming
- 3 Years Experience in managing On-Air Teams
- Demonstrate the ability to generate and communicate original ideas,
- Understand the radio markets , different stations and programme styles, and audience demographics.
- Sound editorial and business judgement.
- Experience in managing creative individuals , and encouraging acceptable creative risk taking.
- Ability to coach and develop talent in others.
- Experiencing in managing compliance with broadcast laws, ethics and industry regulation as they affect radio presentation.
- Bring your own Laptop (we pay an allowance for business use)
- Entrepreneurial, innovative, rewarding and team oriented work environment
- Competitive base salary
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on Friday, 25 June 2021