02 October 2023
– The price of petrol will increase by N$1.90 cents per litre while Diesel 50ppm and 10ppm will increase by N$2.40 cents per litre respectively.
– Nigeria’s President Bola Tinubu has announced a six-month increase to the minimum wage as workers are set to start an indefinite strike. Unions want the monthly wage to be raised to $255 to help deal with the sharp rise in the cost of living since Mr Tinubu took office in May. – BBC
– Seven people are reported to have been killed and some 20 others trapped after a church roof collapsed in Mexico. – BBC
– Australia kept their slim hopes of reaching the Rugby World Cup quarter-finals alive with a win over Portugal in their final pool match. The Wallabies beat an impressive Portugal 34-14 to go second in Pool C. – BBC Sport
– Showers and thundershowers are expected to set in the northeast spreading to the central and southern parts on Tuesday.