03 October 2023
– The Windhoek municipal council has approved a plan to electrify approximately four thousand households in Windhoek’s informal settlements over the next five years.
– Kenya’s government will abolish all privately owned orphanages and children’s homes within the next eight years, aimed at ending child trafficking, a government minister has said. – BBC
– A cheap malaria vaccine that can be produced on a massive scale has been recommended for use by the World Health Organization (WHO). BBC reports that the vaccine has been developed by the University of Oxford and is only the second malaria vaccine to be developed. – BBC
– Sir Jim Ratcliffe’s Ineos Group is considering whether to offer to buy a minority stake in Manchester United in an effort to break the impasse over the ownership situation. The Glazer family, who currently own the club, announced in November they were considering selling United as they “explore strategic alternatives”. – BBC Sport
– Showers and thundershowers are expected in Kunene, Erongo, Otjozondjupa, Khomas and the Hardap regions.