– The 53rd meeting of UNAIDS’ Programme Coordinating Board (PCB) concluded in Geneva, Switzerland, with Board members making strong commitments to redouble efforts to end AIDS by 2030. Namibia First Lady Monica Geingos, delivered the keynote address saying, that partial success in the AIDS response coupled with emerging pandemics has given rise to complacency that must be reversed. Geingos said that fresh thinking and approaches are urgently required to reach the 2025 targets and to achieve the goal of ending the pandemic by 2030.”
– The European Parliament has condemned the eviction of indigenous Maasai people in Tanzania in the name of conservation. The resolution comes after attempts by the authorities to evict the Maasai from areas in and around the famous Serengeti national park. – BBC
– Hungary has blocked $55bn in EU aid for Ukraine hours after agreement was reached on starting membership talks. EU leaders said talks on aid for Ukraine would resume early next year. – BBC
– World Cup-winning South Africa back rower Jasper Wiese will leave Leicester Tigers at the end of the season. The 28-year-old had been linked with a move to Top 14 side Sta de Francais after helping the Springboks defend their title in October. – BBC
– Moderate to heavy falls expected in the Omaheke region in places with heatwave conditions expected in the south and the northern regions for the rest of this week and next week.