27 October 2023
– Prime Minister Saara Kuugongelwa-Amadhila has implored financial and insurance companies to be transparent and truthful with their clients. The Prime minister called for the training of the public on financial literacy so that they can make informed decisions, which would also minimise misunderstandings. – The Brief
– KFC has announced it is closing all its restaurants in Lesotho amid a severe outbreak of bird flu in neighbouring South Africa. – BBC
– The US military says it has struck two facilities in eastern Syria, claiming they were used by Iran and affiliated groups, BBC reports. Defence Secretary Lloyd Austin says it was done in self-defence, after recent drone attacks on US bases in Iraq and Syria. – BBC
– A much-changed Liverpool side continued their perfect record in the Europa League with a ruthless win over French club Toulouse in Group E. The win means Liverpool cemented their place at the top of Group E, on nine points after three matches, while Toulouse dropped to third, five points off the Reds. – BBC Sport
– Heatwave conditions will persist over the northern half this weekend with cooling expected in the South today and tomorrow, so please do take the necessary precautions.