30 October 2023
– Namibia is set to become a new frontier for satellite internet and digital connectivity, with companies like Starlink, Amazon and OneWeb expressing interest in extending operations to the country. – The Brief
– Kenya is to end visa requirements to all African visitors by the end of the year, President William Ruto has said. – BBC
– Matthew Perry’s loved ones and co-stars say they have been left “heartbroken” by his death aged 54. BBC reports that the US actor – best known for playing Chandler Bing in hit ’90s show Friends – was found dead at his LA home. – BBC
– South Africa captain Siya Kolisi says the country will be united by his team’s victory against New Zealand in the World Cup final in Paris. The Springboks retained the trophy with a 12-11 win, four years after their triumph in Japan. Kolisi becomes the second captain to retain the trophy after Richie McCaw’s All Blacks won in 2011 and 2015. – BBC Sport
– Heatwave conditions are expected in the North and East this week.