– The government is considering a long-term plan to transform its state-owned power utility, NamPower, into an electricity distribution company, while Independent Power Producers (IPPs) take over the generation of electricity, Mines and Energy Minister Tom Alweendo has revealed. The move aims to reduce the country’s over-reliance on NamPower and electricity imports. – The Brief
– Nigeria’s president has delivered his first budget since taking office, as the country faces a deepening cost of living crisis. He announced government plans to spend $34.85bn in the new financial year. – BBC
– Former US Secretary of State Henry Kissinger has died aged 100 at his home in Connecticut. Kissinger served as America’s top diplomat and national security adviser during the Nixon and Ford administrations. – BBC
– Jude Bellingham became the first player to score in each of his first four Champions League appearances for Real Madrid as they saw off spirited Napoli. It was the 20-year-old’s 15th goal in his 16th appearance for Los Blancos. – BBC Sport
– Moderate to heavy falls expected to persist in the north spreading to the central and south-eastern parts on Friday.