Upgrade your skills from the comfort of your couch
Getting bored with spending so much time at home under lockdown? Why not use all the free time you now have to learn a new skill or upgrade your existing skills from the comfort of your home.
Check out this list of free online resources for a variety of courses:
- Harvard – This world-renowned university offers students online learning through the EdX platform. Access 2000 free online courses, learn new skills and for a fee, have the option of receiving a certificate of completion.
- Babbel – Always wanted to learn a new language? Take advantage of the time you now have to learn a new language by using Babbel – an online platform that helps you learn how to have practical communication and conversation skills. Sign up on babbel.com and get learning today.
- Multichoice Talent Factory (MTF) Masterclass Series – For creatives, this is the perfect opportunity to brush up on your skills with practical industry skills workshops. This 20-module masterclass will have you learning about pre and post-production that will get you from amateur to pro in no time. All you have to do is register on the MTF portal for access to the masterclass content. Register at multichoicetalentfactory.com.
- Skillshare – A great tool to learn new skills, skillshare helps you to explore your creativity with courses ranging from illustration, design, photography, etc.
- Coursera – Amidst the global lockdowns due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Coursera has launched an array of free courses to help people to keep learning. Sign up on courseraa.org to get started.