– U.S. multinational energy corporation Chevron has donated N$5.6 million for projects that support food security in Namibia, plus N$1 million for emergency drought relief for vulnerable women and children.- Business Express
– Many Zimbabweans have reacted with astonishment after Mthuli Ncube was named “Best African Finance Minister of the Year” despite the country’s economic turmoil. – BBC
– The UN climate talks in Dubai could be in jeopardy after some nations reacted furiously to a draft deal on fossil fuels they call “weak”. The draft removed language included in a previous text suggesting that fossil fuels could be “phased out” with a representative for the European Union calling the draft “unacceptable” and said the bloc could walk away. – BBC
– Nigeria’s Victor Osimhen has been crowned the 2023 African Footballer of the Year at the Confederation of African Football (Caf) awards ceremony in Marrakesh. – BBC Sport
– Heatwave conditions are expected this week over the interior, becoming intense next week.