– Fishrot accused Nigel van Wyk was granted bail by Judge David Munsu in the Windhoek High Court yesterday, with co-accused Bernhardt Esau’s bail application dismissed.
– The Board of Directors of the African Development Bank Group (www.AfDB.org) has approved a $300 million loan to South Africa to implement its Energy Governance and Climate Resilience Programme. The Programme will accelerate mitigation and adaptation efforts by promoting renewable energy generation and shifting businesses to low-carbon activities, resulting in lowering the carbon footprint of the South African economy and improving financing for green projects. – APO Group
– A new draft final agreement has been published at the UN climate summit in Dubai. It calls on countries to transition away from the use of fossil fuels in energy systems but not phase them out, as demanded by many summit participants. – BBC
– Manchester United’s season of misery plunged even further into the depths of despair as they exited the Champions League at the group stage after defeat by Bayern Munich at Old Trafford. United won just one of their six group games in the competition and defeat against Bayern means they also missed the chance to drop into the Europa League by finishing third. – BBC Sport
– COOLER AIR EXPECTED IN THE KARAS REGION ON THURSDAY WITH MODERATE TO HEAVY FALLS MOST LIKELY IN THE ZAMBEZI REGION AND THE OMAHEKE-EAST REGIONS, PLEASE TAKE THE NECESSARY PRECAUTIONS.