MYD Earth travelled to Uis, to meet with organisers, participants and Save the Rhino representatives, at the Brandberg Rhino Run and Ride. The Brandberg Rhino Run and Ride, is an annual event that sees all funds raised go to Save the Rhino Trust.
In this episode of the MYD Earth Show, we hear from the CEO of Save The Rhino Trust Simson Uri-Khob, race organiser Nico Scholtz, Namibian Ultra Runners and more, on why collective support can help in the fight against Rhino poaching. In addition to fund raising, this event aims to raise awareness about Rhino conservation and the important work of the Save the Rhino Trust.
“The most important part is the involvement of local people in conservation, especially in Rhino conservation in Namibia…. How we benefit is, all the income that comes here, like with the auction we had last night and all the money that’s coming from the participants, actually is going straight to Save the Rhino Trust, but like what I said, it’s not about the money they give, it’s about the heart, where the heart is, is with Rhinos.” ~ Simson Uri-Khob CEO of Save The Rhino Trust
In this episode of the MYD Earth Show, we speak to :
- Simson Uri-Khob – the CEO of Save The Rhino Trust;
- Nico Scholtz – Nico and Riana Scholtz, under their family brand ‘Touch and Go’, are the organisers of the Brandberg Rhino Run and Ride;
- Wim Steenkamp – the man who broke the record running up and down the Brandberg Mountain;
- Steve Galloway – the Managing Director of RMB Namibia;
- Kirsty Brits – Namibian Ultra Runner.
Take a listen to the MYD Earth Show – Endurance in Rhino Territory, here :
All Photos by Karl Terblanche Photography