The MYD Show – Balance and Cycles with Dr. Manfred Spitzer
Dr. Manfred Spitzer is a well renowned German psychiatrist, psychologist and neuroscientist as well as a doctor and a professor. He is widely published in neuroscience, learning, and psychiatry, the author of numerous texts and a well-regarded speaker.
Whilst in Namibia for his talk at the Goethe Institute, Dr. Spitzer stopped by the 99FM’s studios to share with us how we can draw the technological line to create more balance in our lives.
Dr. Spitzer’s special areas of expertise focus on what technology is doing to our brains and especially to the developing brain of a child.
In this episode of the MYD Show, Dr. Manfred Spitzer shares with us :
- Why technology can harm our brains and how this damage occurs
- How self-image relates to learning
- Where digital addiction is coming from and the latest research in terms of the disorders coming out of overuse of technology
- How multi-tasking comes at the cost of concentration
- The one thing you can do to keep your brains healthy for longer and how you can grow new neurons in your brain
Take a listen to the MYD Show with Dr. Manfred Spitzer, here :