Sean K’s Steps to Trusting Yourself
“You need to take the first step. You will never know how far you can walk if you only believe you can, but you never take a step.”
Last year he wowed us with his style, delighted us with his voice and captivated us with his acts of bravery when facing brain surgery. This year, with his musical career taking off, Sean K has compiled a list of ways that we too, can develop trust in ourselves that will carry us forward no matter what field we find ourselves in.
5 Steps to trusting yourself by Sean K
Trusting in yourself is kind of the same thing across board, I mean whether it’s in music or fashion, business or whatever, the point is that your TRUST in yourself.
Here are some of my pointers :
- You have to come to the realization that only YOU can control your destiny (That realization is important, not many come to that easily. It took me a while)
- Take action, all the “believe in yourself”, “trust in yourself” quotes won’t do a damn thing if it just remains that “belief”. You need to take the first step. You will never know how far you can walk if you only believe you can, but you never take a step. They can tell you that “that juice tastes great” but how will you know until you take a sip.
- Remain at it. Be determined to know that you can do it but by DOING IT, put in the effort to trust yourself. If you don’t hear words of encouragement from anyone, give them to yourself. At the end of the day it’s YOU that has to make the move.
- Listen to yourself. If something really does not feel right, change it. Make it better. I believe we can be our BEST/WORST critics but your own opinion on your own WORK matters. Take time and listen to yourself.
- BE FIRE!!!!!!!!! Ignite your own flame and keep yourself burning with steps 1-4.
But remember there is a thin line between confidence and arrogance. But if you have that confidence you WILL TRUST IN YOURSELF, always.
This is just my opinion and what I think works for me.