Self-care tips for lockdown
We’re all feeling it. No more salon visits, gyms are closed, barbers have closed and you certainly cannot indulge in professional pampering sessions like massages, facials, and manicures. So what does one do for self-care while on lockdown?
Check out these five top tips for taking care of your body and mind:
- Gardening – Take up gardening as a hobby and reap its wide-ranging benefits such as stress reduction and lowering of your blood pressure. On top of that, growing your own food helps you eat healthier. Gardening is also said to make you happier as it lifts your mood and changes your outlook.
- Read – Now’s the best time to catch up on all those best-sellers gathering dust in your home library. Switch off from news and social media and get lost in a good book. Reading not only aids in sleep readiness, but it’s also said to lower blood pressure and heart rate and also reduces stress.
- Stretch – Just because you’re working at home, it doesn’t mean that you won’t be getting tired. Take time to stretch after long periods of sitting down to avoid muscle cramps.
- Indulge in your favourite home-cooked meals – Because you’ll be eating out less and cutting down on food deliveries, don’t be shy to indulge in your guilty pleasures and cook your favourite meals.
- Exercise – It’s important to keep moving and incorporate a workout that you are comfortable with and get a routine started. Sweating out the toxins through quick workouts is not only good for your body but for your mental health too. And because of what’s happening in the world right now, many certified fitness instructors are giving out free sessions on social media so take advantage of that and get fit.
Additional information sourced from: