Putting Balance Back with Beauty
A woman of many talents, Beauty Boois is a Namibian not afraid to take on challenges. However, for most this was a year filled with challenges, making it is easy to get bogged down with the details and forget the end goal. 99FM’s MYD Heart spoke to Beauty to find out how she maintains her balance while juggling the many projects she is involved in.
“I have created an extremely diversified life and it is increasingly fulfilling as each day passes.” Says Beauty whose journey includes many elements that has led her to where she is today. She explains, “When I enrolled for Clinical Psychology studies it was as though a whole new dimension in my mind had awakened. I discovered the practice of yoga, which eventually led to me becoming a certified instructor and yoga business owner through which I also obtained certification in Yoga Psychology.”
Beauty explains that each of us are gifted with creative potential and in order for her to grow hers, she involves herself in many creative expression outlets. “I write and perform poetry for Spoken Word on and off since 2012 and I recently acted in a Play entitled Remote Control and I also write a weekly column for the Namibian Sun called the Health Column.”
“This month I took on even more as I started working as an Intern Psychological Counsellor which has me beyond excited because as with all my other passions, I am madly in love with psychology and so nothing that I ever do feels like work because I am floating on cloud nine knowing that I have chosen every one of my journeys.” Says Beauty.
In addition to the many project Beauty is involved in, she is also a mother, the role she says she treasures above all.
Like most of us though, Beauty says that, “Having many interests and passions used to raise my anxiety levels to its peak. Meanwhile the universe was conspiring for me to have my cake and eat it too and get a workout in after. Ergo is the art of balance, which is something that I like to refer to as synchronicity. Synchronicity is when all your hopes, dreams and wishes align in a way that allows you to live a life in abundance of infinite bliss. I know it sounds magical and it should, because it is. Every moment is like a small miracle to me, one that I am beyond blessed to be experiencing, through cultivating balance.”
So how does she do it all?
“It can be challenging to find balance as the demands of everyday life can really takes its toll on us.” Say Beauty who adds that she has a few strategies that help her to stay Zen in the midst of it all.
Beauty’s Tips for Staying Balanced :
- Rest, Sleep, Nap. I love sleeping so I try to get as much sleep as possible, even just a short power nap can really boost your energy levels and restful sleep also aids in memory retention (to help you remember everything on your daily to-do list)
- Stay hydrated. Living under this Namibian sun is more than enough motivation to have me guzzling jugs of water every day. The aim is to never leave the house without a litre of water.
- Treat yourself. Who doesn’t love a good massage? I know I do, so I either beg my partner for one or treat myself to a spa date at least once a month. Also self-care doesn’t need to be pricey; there are tons of beauty treatments that you can indulge in, using what’s in your fridge.
- Work out. Trust me; you can reap the benefits of exercise by investing as little as 15 minutes a day to a workout routine. I opt for the free stuff that I can practice without instruction like running or swimming.
- Prioritise. Put first things first always! Know what needs to get done and just get it out of the way to make room for the next thing on your list. Organise yourself and create a routine (especially if you’re freelancing or self-employed).
- Do what you love, love what you do. This is so simple and this is the greatest lesson I’ve ever learned too!!
As the madness of the year of the year approaches, remember to do what you need to, to keep yourself balanced and moving forward.
Get in touch with Beauty Boois and her Yoga Studio, Yoga by Beauty, by clicking here