Discovering Namibia on a Budget
“The list has been compiled by avid Namibian travellers who have travelled to every corner of our country and come back with stories, memories and money to spare”
Look no further for ideas of what to do this festive season as our beautiful country has all the best and most beautiful things to do and what’s more, on a budget. If you are an avid lover of Namibia, are wondering what to do this festive season and find yourself on a tight budget this year, 99FM’s MYD Earth has a list for the top ten things to do in Namibia on a budget.
The list has been compiled by avid Namibian travellers who have travelled to every corner of our country and come back with stories, memories and money to spare. Namibia really is the most incredible country filled with so many options for all who are lucky enough to be in this magical corner of the world.
Take a look at this list and find the place you’d like to explore this festive season.
The Top 11 things to do in Namibia, on a budget :
1. Hiking in the Namib-Naukluft Park
2. Climbing the Big Daddy in Sossusvlei
3. A kayak adventure on the Orange River
4. A game drive at Erindi Private Game Reserve
5. A night under the stars at Spitzkoppe
6. A visit Twyfelfontein in Damaraland to explore 6000-year old rock art
7. Taking a self-drive through Etosha National Park
8. Going tigerfishing in the Zambezi Region
9. Visiting Popa Falls and Mahangu National Park on the Okavango River
10. Hitting the beach or enjoying sundowners on the dunes outside Swakopmund
11. Exploring the country to find the Lone Men.
More news has come in on item number 11 on that list. In a follow on to our article titled Forgotten Art Fuels Curiosity in an Unforgiving Desert (which if you missed you can click here to read : Forgotten Art Fuels Curiosity )
An avid Namibian explorer has mailed MYD to inform us all that more Lone Men have been found. Here is one of the images they sent us :
If you find any of the Lone men this festive season, be sure to send us your find by emailing : firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information and ideas on things to do in our wonderful country, take a look at Travel News Namibia’s latest Generation Wanderlust article here : Generation Wanderlust From Bush to Beach